Monday, November 7, 2011

Penny Sparkle

Hi. I transcribed the song Penny Sparkle by an awesome band called Blonde Redhead and made a unique arrangement. In this recording I am playing alto sax, flute, clarinet, jew's harp, and singing. This was kind of an experimental project for me and is an accumulation of a couple different ideas put into one piece of music. Firstly, I play the Jew's Harp and always wanted to see if I could make a hip groove by looping the sound of this cool little instrument. Secondly, I wanted to use a larger array of instruments and since I play many woodwinds, I figured that I could apply a classical trio atmosphere to this song. Lastly, I wanted to make a video that portrays a little snapshot into my recording process. Here you will see me singing and playing all the various instruments I used to record this arrangement. Please go listen to the original and try to go see Blonde Redhead live in concert. They are very very amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment