Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pretty Words

I just wanted to write a pretty song. I remember sitting down at my favorite coffee shop called Neighborhood Grinds in Redondo Beach CA and having total writers block. I got tired of writing songs about serious events and people or stories, etc. I just wanted to write a song with like pretty words or something. Anyway... later I sat down and felt inspired to simplify everything completely. I recorded some flute and clarinet on here for that airy feel.

Pretty words are all I have to say
words like springtime and roses in full bloom
bright fluffy clouds
the sun all around
and children are waving hello

Pretty words are all I have for you
words like cherry trees and perfume in the breeze
a smile on your face
a gentle embrace
and watching the birds fly away

It's kind of more like a children's song or something which I think is pretty cool.


*That cool chord you may have noticed is an F Aug Maj 7 #9.  One of those colorful harmonic major scale chords :)

No comments:

Post a Comment